04 Jul 2016
A bit about the role...
This position will be working within our expanding ecommerce team, helping to manage our PPC accounts in order to drive further high quality traffic to our website. We are looking to recruit a passionate, engaged and highly ambitious individual who can deliver on target and work to deadlines. This role will provide a great opportunity to quickly make a mark in a fast paced, growing business.
The individual will help support the rest of the team with day-to-day management of our paid search campaigns and strategy. This is a great opportunity for a motivated PPC professional looking to take the next step in their career.
The right candidate must be ‘hands on’ and able to manage the daily tactical implementation and analysis of campaigns. A deep understanding of data, commercial awareness and the ability to learn quickly is an absolute must.
Here's what you'll be responsible for...
- Working with the rest of the team to optimise PPC campaigns, in doing so delivering high levels of performance and return on investment.
- Managing reporting and analytics, providing insights and presenting results to the team and wider organisation.
- Ongoing support to ensure campaigns, new products and trends are reflected in search marketing activity.
- Develop and maintain essential knowledge by reading relevant industry journals, attending courses, conferences and exhibitions as required.
- Supporting the rest of the team and the Ecommerce Manager in all areas to deliver our digital strategy.
- Taking ownership of adhoc projects to help the team / wider business.
We're looking for...
- At least 1 year’s experience in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- A good knowledge of pay-per-click (PPC) marketing and what is involved in an advert appearing on search engines such as Google and Bing.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with large amounts of data is essential.
- Ability to write compelling ad copy and content which will appeal to different target audiences.
- You must have previous experience of running PPC campaigns and using Google Analytics.
- Google AdWords certified.
- Experienced in optimising accounts to meeting specific goals – e.g. Revenue and ROAS targets.
- Experience with bid management & tracking software (DoubleClick, Marin or Kenshoo) – Desired but not essential.
- Experienced in managing Google Shopping campaigns – Desired but not essential.
You'll also need...
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed targets.
- Able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle a busy workload.
- Enthused by difficulty and challenge, mixed with a strong competitive nature (whilst remaining a team player!) and a keen desire to continually learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, collaboration, planning and estimating.
- A solid grasp of Excel (and the rest of MS Office) and a good head for numbers and working with large data sets.
- High levels of applied concentration, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of commercial indicators, market conditions and competitors.
- Excellent punctuality and time management.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.
We've been supplying architectural ironmongery to builders, joiners and shop fitters for over 40 years. As a multi-channel hardware retailer, we're growing at a rate of over 25% every year, providing a unique opportunity for our employees to be a part of something great.
As standard, you'll benefit from: