C# (ASP .NET / MVC) Developer
17 Jun 2018
Depends on Experience
A bit about the role...
This position will be working as a strong all-round developer within our expanding ecommerce development team, architecting, improving, building and testing features on our current and future web applications. We are looking to recruit a passionate, engaged and ambitious software developer who is comfortable within a fast paced environment. You’ll need to learn lots, you’ll need to learn fast, and you’ll need to work hard!
The development team work within a Microsoft environment using .NET (C# / MVC Razor) and SQL Server. Projects range from small integrations to highly complex tasks that directly impact on website functionally, our systems and processes, and ultimately our customers’ experiences.
Here's what you'll be responsible for...
- Design, coding, testing, and performance analysis of high-quality web applications
- Working with stakeholders to identify needs and user requirements
- Support maintenance, bugs and continued improvement of web applications
- Challenge, innovate and champion the use of new technologies and best practises
- Manage server, infrastructure, technology, and application performance
We're looking for...
- At least 3-years of commercial experience using ASP.NET 4.5, MVC, MS SQL, IIS and associated technologies, preferably within the retail industry
- Knowledge of object orientated design, unit testing, continuous delivery, DevOps, web security, and systems analysis
You'll also need...
- Excellent problem solving skills is a must, along with an ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, organised and accountable with a real passion for technology
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, collaboration, and planning
We've been supplying architectural ironmongery to builders, joiners and shop fitters for over 40 years. As a multi-channel hardware retailer, we're growing at a rate of over 25% every year, providing a unique opportunity for our employees to be a part of something great.
As standard, you'll benefit from: